Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro logic board swapped at repair store... Help!!!!

Hi guys,

Here's my story. I had issues with my macbook pro a1278 13 inch mid 2009. Took it to local repair store that supposedly fix mac books. So they told me my logic board was dead and needed to be replaced. So told them to just give it back to me and my plan was to search and bid for one on ebay. Would have worked out cheaper. So now these dudes now gave me back my Macbook with a logic board thats not mine. How I know it aint mine is because I had ripped a part off the board that can't be replaced. It was just one of the speaker connectors which will not hinder any performance.

After some arguing the finally admitted to the injustice ( of which I should have recorded) and said to leave it with them and it will be sorted out. (I doubt this).

I have now found a serial number that I had taken down that was on the board and wondered if you guys can tell me if this is a serial number specific to each individual logic board. The serial number is located where you would slide in your Ram memory. Its differnt from the serial on the back cover of the macbook. The serial on the logic board next to the ram slot begins W892022LF6*** K24 2.26G

If this is a unique serial then at least I can check that they give me the correct motherboard when I go back.

Thanks again in advance 😉

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), A1278

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 12:21 PM

There are no replies.

Macbook pro logic board swapped at repair store... Help!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.