Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I restore the Airport status menu in Finder Toolbar and Network in System Preferences so I can turn Airport on and off with them? The only way I can turn Airport on or off is to unplug it or plug it in. The Airport status menu Finder toolbar and Ne

How do I restore the Airport status menu in Finder Toolbar and Network in System Preferences so I can turn Airport on and off with them? The only way I can turn Airport on or off is to unplug it or plug Time Capsule in. The Airport status menu Finder toolbar and Network in System Preferences look OK, the right controls are lighted, but they don't work. This has only been for a few days. I've tried to fix it by reinstalling OS 10.6.8 with no luck.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 3:16 PM

I discovered the post, "Problem with Airport Status Icon after Snow Leopard Installation," and it solved my problem. I had to do a little fussing around but now it's all working again. I did a Snow Leopard reinstall because of some other problems. Because I was already using Snow Leopard I didn't think it the problem!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2012 3:16 PM in response to alibi

I discovered the post, "Problem with Airport Status Icon after Snow Leopard Installation," and it solved my problem. I had to do a little fussing around but now it's all working again. I did a Snow Leopard reinstall because of some other problems. Because I was already using Snow Leopard I didn't think it the problem!

How do I restore the Airport status menu in Finder Toolbar and Network in System Preferences so I can turn Airport on and off with them? The only way I can turn Airport on or off is to unplug it or plug it in. The Airport status menu Finder toolbar and Ne

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.