Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to enter events into a specific iCal calendar, then print a list of those events with the name and date on a single sheet?

Is it possible to enter events into a specific iCal calendar, then print a list of those events with the name and date on a single sheet? I don't need the calendar grid. I just want a list of events on a particular calendar, and their dates. Is that possible?

iBook, Mac OS X (10.4.3)

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 3:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 3:52 PM

Yes, in the print dialog box you can select the format (list), the calendar and the date range.

4 replies

Apr 23, 2012 4:47 PM in response to Austin Kinsella1

Thank you so much! This definitely gets me closer! I was hoping to get just a list of the events and the date of the event. When I select LIST, and the date range and the calendar I want to print, it literally lists each day in that range, even if there is no event on that day. Is there a way that you know of to just show a list of events, and days that include events?

Apr 23, 2012 5:17 PM in response to Wendy234

Not easily. Two possibilities:

1) If all the events have some common feature (eg you have included "XXX" in all the summaries), search for that feature then select and copy the found items at the bottom of the window. You can then paste them into TextEdit or a spreadsheet for printing

2) You could write an Applescript to locate the events and write them into a text file for printing.

The first one will probably give you what you want.

May 4, 2016 5:50 PM in response to Wendy234

I know this is an old posting, but I was having the same problem and finally figured out the solution, which turns out to be very easy.

I am using Version 8.0 of iCal.

1) Uncheck every calendar other than the one you want to print events from.

2) Enter "" in the search box. A list of all the events in that calendar will appear along the right side of your calendar window. (Alternatively, you can enter a specific search term if you want to narrow it down.)

3) Choose the specific events to be printed by Control+Clicking on each of them (while holding down the Control/Command button), OR you can choose all of the events in the list by pressing the Shift key and clicking the first and last events. The selected events will be highlighted/bolded.

4) Choose "Print" from the menu bar.

5) Choose "Selected Events" from the "View" drop down menu in the Print window. You should now see a list of only those events you want to print.

It prints the list in a double-column, but otherwise it did the trick for me.

Is it possible to enter events into a specific iCal calendar, then print a list of those events with the name and date on a single sheet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.