Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 warranty/LED flash and low in-call volume

I just got an iPhone 4 8gb, my boyfriend bought it for me from his roommate. I checked on Apple Support and entered my serial number and evidently the phone is still covered by warranty.

I noticed that during a phone call I cannot hardly hear the other person speaking. I tried EVERYTHING, hard reset, resetting everything, I made sure to have the in-call volume all the way up.. nothing. Also, the LED flash on the camera does not work. I did not notice this until I tried to take a picture in the dark. I turned on the flash, tried it in video, downloaded iTorch and it worked on and off a few times but it is very random. Whenever I place my finger over the sensor it will come on, but turns off immediately when I take my finger away.

Since the warranty is still valid, am I eligible to have this taken care of even though I didn't purchase the iPhone directly?

Windows 7

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 9:09 PM

2 replies

Apr 23, 2012 9:41 PM in response to gdgmacguy

Okay so bringing it into the apple store, I can get it fixed. But what about the registration? The previous owner is military stationed overseas and the phone is still registered in his name, he couldn't use it over there which is why he sold it to me.. but its not like I can bring him along with me in the store when I go to get the phone repaired.

iPhone 4 warranty/LED flash and low in-call volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.