Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't seem to purchase apps on my iPod with my MasterCard anymore.

I'm from the Philippines and I got a prepaid MasterCard from a bank here, and on the first week I got it I loaded money into it and got to buy some apps with it, which was awesome, but when I ran out of money and reloaded some more money into my account and tried to buy more apps, it would ask me to log in to view my billing information, and when I do, it asks me to update my payment method because there was "a billing problem with a previous purchase" (no idea why since I haven't done anything weird with it lately) and when I do put in all my payment info, it rejects my payment method (MasterCard) and asks me to choose another payment method. I have no idea why this happened, and it's frustrating me so much.

The weirdest thing is that I can't even buy free apps or update my existing apps because of this problem. It asks for the same things and I go through the same proces only to be disappointed because nothing happens.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? How'd you fix it?

Thanks in advance!

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 5.1, Using a BPI My E-Prepaid MasterCard

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 11:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 5:23 AM

Contact iTunes.

Apple - Support - iTunes - Contact Us

16 replies

Aug 3, 2012 3:21 AM in response to dasnadine

Got the same exact issue here. Not only am I not able to purchase things from iTunes, I can't update my pay-pal either! This is getting really frustrating. I also called BPI and they said that there were some incorrect csc entry on my account. But I am using the right one! They didn't even know what to do. I hope they get this resolved!😠

Dec 3, 2013 12:09 AM in response to dasnadine

Hi, I just got my prepaid mastercard about two weeks ago and when i tried enrolling it on itunes it says that i entered invalid payment method information (something about incorrect expiration date and csc entry.) but I did enter it correctly. I think I've tried about 4-5 times already and it won't accept my details.

Do I need to reload a specific amount upon enrolment so my card gets cleared?

I'm getting a bit frustrated since I called the bank/card issuer and they don't have a clue on what to do, all they said was I had incorrect csc entry on my account and other than that they can't do/don't know what to do about it at all.

How do you fix this?

Thanks!

Jul 17, 2016 5:20 PM in response to dasnadine

I am also using My eprepaid from BPI to purchase apps and stuffs on Itunes and Appstore.. One day I got declined and wondered why... "your payment method is declined" as per my apple id said... digging deeper, I found out that I have a pending declined payment from a downloaded app.. Apparently my wife have downloaded an app with seven day trial period that automatically renew every week with out your further authorization.. So it goes until my funds have dried up and the last subscription renewal was declined.. that is when I've experience the problem.. and even though I've reloaded my fund Apple will still not accept my account.. What I did was pay the last subscription renewal and discontinue the auto renewal option and pooff!!... my account was accepted again... To check your pending purchase or if you have an unknown subscription, Go to setting - Itunes &appstore - click your account and sign in... in the subscription tab, pay any subscription renewal you have..(pain in the ..ss but this is the only was to go) then disable the auto renewal.. after that, re- enter your e prepaid information in the billing information tab of your apple account...

I can't seem to purchase apps on my iPod with my MasterCard anymore.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.