Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot update Garageband from 6.0.4 to 6.0.5 on my iMac

I'm running OSX 10.7.3 on a new iMac, which came with Garageband 6.0.4. I did a recording at a friend's home

using his iMac with Garageband 6.0.5 and it won't play on my iMac. Yet I can't update my 6.0.4 to 6.0.5 with either

the AppStore (it says that 6.0.5 is "installed") or with

"Software update" (it says I'm up-to-date) or

by downloading 6.0.5 from Apple (it says "the version on this computer must be updated through the App Store").

Any ideas?

GarageBand (Mac) '11, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 10:28 PM

2 replies

Apr 23, 2012 11:27 PM in response to RickLG

How do you tell that you are still running GarageBand 6.0.4. ? Is that what is shown in the Finder, when you look at GB? If the AppStore says it is installed, then probably it is installed, but you are running an older, second version from somewhere else on your System.

Or do you see the 6.0.4 when GarageBand is running in the "About" panel? (From the main menu bar: GarageBand -> About GararageBand).

If you checked both places, and really see version 6.0.4, but the AppStore claims you have 6.0.5 installed, then try the following:

• Search with SpotLight for GarageBand. If there is only one GarageBand Application installed, then drag it to the Trash - but do not empty the Trash!
  • Relaunch the AppStore, sign in, and try again to download GarageBand - now it should be available for download. If not, restore your version from Trash immediately and post back.

Regards

Léonie

Apr 27, 2012 10:26 PM in response to RickLG

I still had my 3-month Applecare thing from purchasing a new iMac, so I used that to resolve the problem. New iMacs update iLife programs using the App Store, but when it says that an app is "installed," it doesn't automatically check for the latest "update" of that App.

There is a separate button at the top of the page on the App Store window that says "update." That's where I needed to go to update my Garage band program.

cannot update Garageband from 6.0.4 to 6.0.5 on my iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.