Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Start Movie Build In 0.10 sec limit in Keynote ?

Hi,

I have created a Keynote and the Start Movie Build has a 0.10 sec limit before the movie starts.

I need this to decrease to 0 seconds like the other settings but am unable to do this.

As a result there is a slight pause between slides when you use a movie or music as a movie file.

Should I be asking Apple to add this feature ?

Sean Udal

Australia

iPad Wi-Fi + 4G, iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 11:25 PM

2 replies

Apr 24, 2012 11:42 AM in response to seanudal

"a thou...(sand and one... a thousand and two...)" - I blinked so I missed the gap, but if you see it as an overly long wait, by all means let the good folks at Apple know of your needs. Here's the link:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

I'm not sure I know why there is a 0.1 second delay to start videos on the iOS version of Keynote, but it is there. There is no delay with Keynote for OSX. Strange indeed.

Good luck.

Apr 24, 2012 3:35 PM in response to bwfromspring hill

Thank you for pointing that out.

GarageBand now has an Open In iMovie feature, and iMovie can save to the Camera Roll as an audio track.

So it is possible to edit music to play in a Keynote presentation.

I did this yesterday. The song was bought from iTunes, and then split into chorus and verse for each slide.

Using the start movie and stop movie Builds it is possible to have the music play with the slide, including all other transitions.

The only problem was the 0.1 second delay between slides, otherwise perfect.

I found an app last night called Slideshow + HD which can perform the same task with a lot less effort.

We have 1000 students with iPads and they all have Keynote. Having the audio feature is important as it is a requirement for multimodal tasks.

Sean

Start Movie Build In 0.10 sec limit in Keynote ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.