Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to correct date stamps in iPhoto 11

The photos I have taken with my digital camera had all wrong date stamps since my camera had no correct time setting.

So now I would like to correct that. Is it possible ?

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 12:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 3:31 AM

Select the photo(s) where you want the date changed and then select Photos > Change Date and Time from the iPhoto menu bar, enter the desired values and click Apply.

Since I have a german language version the menu item naming might be different, however it is the first item in the Photos menu.

Hope that helps!

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2012 3:31 AM in response to Bomiboll

Select the photo(s) where you want the date changed and then select Photos > Change Date and Time from the iPhoto menu bar, enter the desired values and click Apply.

Since I have a german language version the menu item naming might be different, however it is the first item in the Photos menu.

Hope that helps!

Apr 24, 2012 11:13 AM in response to Bomiboll

I am now using only my iPhone which always is automatically set to correct time.

Any camera that needs to be set manually is always a nuisance

My iPhone is more usefull as a camera than the expensive ones, because it is always available, quick to take shots, and easy to use

I do not need complicated and expensive cameras nowadays.

Apr 24, 2012 11:27 AM in response to Bomiboll

I agree. Until I got my wife's handmedown iPhone 4 I used my small Panosonic camera which was very good and could be put into my shirt pocket. But then I had to also carry a cell phone.

The only problem I have with iPhones is that it's difficult to take pictures in the landscape mode which is the best orientation if you plan on making slideshows, etc. That's my prteferred orientation and it takes some getting used to holding the phone the right way for it and keep you fingers out of the pictures. 😢

How to correct date stamps in iPhoto 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.