Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot send message using the server smtp.

Trying to send mail and it just keeps going into outbox and says "Cannot send message using the server smtp.virginmedia.com (offline)" . I got on to virgin who excessed my Mac remotely and could not find anything.The same on my other Mac running 10.6 and a mate up the road also running 10.6

Okay I have looked around and the only thing I can find to fixes this is get another mail client. Looks like it's another Apple thing 😟User uploaded file

Mac Pro (Early 2009), Mac OS X (10.7.3), LED Cinema Display 24in

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 4:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 5:08 AM

Mail: Troubleshooting sending & receiving email messages

33 replies

Apr 24, 2012 6:10 AM in response to jonjon101

I am having the SAME problem. It comes and goes, meaning sometimes I get this error message, other times not so much. I am using Apple mail, all of my outgoing addresses are valid and I've run the Connection doctor to no avail. Of course, now this time it's an important email for work that is time sensitive and I've been unable to rectify the problem. My version of Apple mail is 4.5. not anything else. Sending from a @me.com act.

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks

Apr 24, 2012 6:20 AM in response to mytymama

mytymama wrote:

I am having the SAME problem. It comes and goes, meaning sometimes I get this error message, other times not so much. I am using Apple mail, all of my outgoing addresses are valid and I've run the Connection doctor to no avail. Of course, now this time it's an important email for work that is time sensitive and I've been unable to rectify the problem. My version of Apple mail is 4.5. not anything else. Sending from a @me.com act.

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks

In an emergency you can send the mail from the website, a useful workaround until the issue is sorted.

Cannot send message using the server smtp.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.