Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't login to AT&T email on Mac running Lion from 1 account, but can from others. All settings for accounts are the same. AT&T verified settings OK. Can reset password & login ok for a few hours & then fails again. Login ok from iPad & iPhone?

Can't login to AT&T email on Mac Mail running Lion from 1 account, but can from other AT&T accounts. All settings for accounts are the same. AT&T verified settings OK. Can reset password & login ok for a few hours & then it fails again. Login ok from iPad & iPhone??? Anyone have Any ideas?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 8:02 AM

5 replies

Apr 30, 2012 1:27 PM in response to donaldfromfranklin

i have the same exact issue, other email accounts at aol work fine, but only one of the att acccounts fails, the other works fine ... even tried erasing all accounts restarting and reloading all accounts to mail. still same account fails. also when i go direct to att and check mail, access works ok at their site, so it's only one account and with lion and apple's mail program, being rejected by the att server?? very frustrating. i'm glad my ipad and phone can access all accounts with out a problem.

Apr 30, 2012 2:49 PM in response to donaldfromfranklin

Check the AT&T site for new info on email. Certain conditions apply depending on when the account was established.

Since you have other devices, you should really be using imap so all will stay synced.

Incoming server: imap.mail.yahoo.com port 993 SSL

Outgoing server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com port default. SSL

Another thing is to check Keychain. First use keychain first aid to verify that it is ok. Then find all passords for that account and delete them. There may be multiple passwords for it, so check for all. Go back into mail prefs and reinput the passwords for the account.

May 22, 2012 2:10 PM in response to donaldfromfranklin

I changed the email that was my primary on the AT&T website. Shortly thereafter that email failed on Mail. I created an email that I will not use for any other purpose and made it my primary email on AT&T site. Sure enough it failed in Mail. All other AT&T emails I have now work. Not a very good way to solve the problem but it works. AT&T does not work well with Apple. Thanks for all suggestions they really did help.

Can't login to AT&T email on Mac running Lion from 1 account, but can from others. All settings for accounts are the same. AT&T verified settings OK. Can reset password & login ok for a few hours & then fails again. Login ok from iPad & iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.