Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re: Display of Artist Info in iPod

Most of my albums have the same artist info for each track, and the tracks display on my iPod screen like this:

(Classical music, sorry...)

Symphony No.1 - 1st Movement

Symphony No.1 - 2nd Movement

Symphony No.1 - 3rd Movement

Symphony No.1 - 4th Movement

However, on some albums, not every track has the same artist, which causes all the tracks in the album to display like this:

Symphony No.1 - 1st Movement

Conductor X, X Orchestra

Symphony No.1 - 2nd Movement

Conductor X, X Orchestra

Symphony No.1 - 3rd Movement

Conductor X, X Orchestra

Symphony No.1 - 4th Movement

Conductor X, X Orchestra

I hope that makes sense. In theory it would be the same with bands and singers; I'm just reading what I can see.

What I was wondering was is there a way to make it display like the first list all the time? I really don't need the extra artist info in there, and it just means I can see fewer tracks on the screen at any one time. I tried setting them as compilation albums, but that doesn't seem to have done anything. Any help would be great. Thanks.

iPod touch

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 11:59 AM

1 reply

Apr 25, 2012 12:31 PM in response to MooseMan61

Okay, I did some experimenting. Setting the entire album or individual tracks as part of a compilation doesn't help; setting the tracks individually actually made a whole seperate album.

I also can't force it by changing the info in the individual tracks and then re-naming the album, as that forces the new name onto every single track.

So I'm still pretty much at a loss as to how to get rid of this artist info...

Re: Display of Artist Info in iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.