Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my shared printer is not printing

I have a Mackbook pro running on 10.6 and a macbook on 10.5.2

Both computers are able to print fine when I use the usb cable, the printer is a HP 5820 multi function printer. Both computers have both the correct drivers.

I have used sharing before, but limited to filesharing certain folders so there is not an issue of cennection. Both computers are hooked up on the same wify obviously.

I have my MBP connected to the printer and I wish to print something from my other computer. I have printer sharing enable, I have also checked the box for the right printer and I have the default setup with all users.

My other computer has a document open and through the print meny I choose the right printer @ my MBP.

In the printer window it looks like it cant find the printer. It says "Looking for printer......." even though I found it through the options of wich printers to use.

It just says "looking....." and nothing happens.

Is there anyone out the whith some great answer?

Thank you!!

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 12:50 PM

2 replies

my shared printer is not printing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.