Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 4 Keeps crashing and restarting, No help from Applecare

My iPhone 4 keeps crashing and restarting and AppleCare is unable to duplicate the issue or resolved the issue.

Recently my iphone randomly started crashing or it would freeze then i have to restart using power and home button, These are few things that I have already tried to resolve the issue:

1: Restore to factory settings and start over from scratch.

2. Deleted recently updated apps to see which one could be causing the issue, but the issue is still there.

3. Re-downloaded ios 5.1 and did a fresh restore.

After doing all this I called Applecare and they suggested to send in my phone and they will replace it and send me a new one since Im still having the issue after doing all of the above. Today I recieved my phone back from Applecare stating that the issue was resolved or not duplicated. So I did a restore once again and from one of the saved files that I had setup as a new phone. In the last 6 hours my phone has froze once, and crashed twice. I called Applecare again and he suggested to send the iphone in again and he will put in the notes to give it max time to detect the issue.

Are there any other alternatives? The closest Apple store is 140 miles from my house and Im fedup with sending in the phone and getting it back w/o the issue being solved. Thanks for the help in advance.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 1:37 PM

3 replies

Apr 26, 2012 4:09 AM in response to adnanfromabilene

Update:

I had to do another fresh restore and start with just few apps, Phone ran fine for couple of days now its doing the same thing again. After doing further research phone seems to be crashing due to panic plist errors. Guess ill have to drive to the apple store and show them whats going on. Extremely disappointed with Apple Care atm.

Iphone 4 Keeps crashing and restarting, No help from Applecare

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.