Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HOW DO I CONNECT A SONY Hi8 CAMCORDER WITH RCA JACKS TO iMac FIREWIRE

Please can you guys assist - how do I connect my SONY CCD TR705E camcorder (this is a rather old Hi8 tape camcorder) to my iMac 27 inch (late 2009) for the purpose of capturing, recording and editing video in iMovie on my MAC ? - I am running OSX LION ... the camcorder has RCA jacks and the mac has a firewire port on the back but i'm not sure which firewire port exactly. I know that there are various FIREWIRE connectors (400, 800, 4 pin, 6 pin, 9 pin etc.) - which type exactly is on the iMac - and is it male or female ... to start, I have already purchased a RCA to USB cable. My thinking is that I can connect this cable to the RCA jacks on the camcorder and then connect a USB to firewirre cable / adaptor to this and that this will provide me with the required connectivity ? my question is then also ... which type of FIREWIRE adaptor must I get for this requirement ? I am based in South Africa and Apple support in South Africa is absolutely rotten ... please can you guys assist ? would be most grateful ...

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3), FIREWIRE, USB, SONY CAMCORDER

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 2:25 PM

2 replies

HOW DO I CONNECT A SONY Hi8 CAMCORDER WITH RCA JACKS TO iMac FIREWIRE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.