Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have 5 perfectly functional PPC devices. Are you asking me to pay £10,000 to replace them or move to Microsoft for £3,000?

I fell in love with macs when doing my thesis in 1986 but had no need for a home computer until much later.

Budget left me running clone pcs with OS/2 and Win3.1 for a long time and I still love QBase, Dbase4, PMW, Symphony because they all "just work" ???

My first big budget Desktop was a Cube; next a ppc Powerbook G4 12" then a iMacG5. A heavily discounted 17"G4 Powerbook came next.

I got one of the first MAC Mini's at the end of this.

None will support Lion.

Now I'm looking at my little Lenovo 10" and thinking-- for £80 I can upgrade to Windows7 and move to iCloud, and use my derelict estate for Ubuntu.

My alternatives are:

Scrap my PPC kit and spend 1/2 my annual salary on replacing them with Apple kit

Scrap my PPC kit and spend 1/5 my annual salary on kit that supports Windows7(8) etc

I'm now looking at a strange situation where I can flip back to my black screen days (ok I still run a Spark10) whilst giving up on the premium of Apples hardware franchise, live with the pain of driver ****, and save a significant family holiday or a mortgage lump sum; on the basis that an etherial Cloud based service is unobtainable for the processor that Apple championed for 10 years!

Come on Apple. We are not all stupid.

I liked your kit because, for the price point, your hardware cost was worth it for the OS.

Now that Windows7 is there, you no longer have the advantage; especiallly as Adobe etc have forsaken you.

Give your PPC followers some slack and they will follow. Spit on them, you'll lose them for ever!

G4 PowerBook

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 2:05 PM

2 replies

Apr 24, 2012 2:11 PM in response to noshame

A short answer to your topic question. Yes.

As a rule the people reading and responding in this forum are just other Apple product users like you, not Apple itself. Apple uses its feedback pages (not this support forum) for garnering product feedback or suggestions. Apple Support Communities is an end-user to end-user (i.e., users like you helping other users) technical issue support feature. You should send feedback via:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ - Apple products feedback links

Vintage and obsolete products - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1752

i have 5 perfectly functional PPC devices. Are you asking me to pay £10,000 to replace them or move to Microsoft for £3,000?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.