Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you combine 2 or more tracks into one track, and how do you divide one track into multiple tracks?

How do you combine 2 or more tracks into one track, and how do you divide one track into multiple tracks? I've heard that you can do this via garage band. It would be nice if I could just do it on i-tunes, but if I can't, what is the garage band method?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 6:02 PM

1 reply

Apr 24, 2012 7:02 PM in response to nilsfrommadison

How do you combine 2 or more tracks into one track

Using just iTunes, you could put the two tracks into a playlist, and then burn them to a CD. Next reimport the tracks from the CD using "Advanced > Join CD Tracks", and you'll have them in a single track.

how do you divide one track into multiple tracks?

Do a Get info on the track, and in the option tab, set the start and stop times for the section you want to extract. Now go back into your library screen, and use the "Convert to ..." command. That will create a new track with the start and stop time you set.

iTunes: About the Add to Library, Import, and Convert functions

Rename the new track as you please. Now head into the Options tab for the original track. Reset the start and stop times for the next chunk you want to break out, then do another "Convert to ..." ... and so forth until you've got as many shorter tracks as you require from the initial track.

How do you combine 2 or more tracks into one track, and how do you divide one track into multiple tracks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.