Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Expanding Mac mini ram in Canada

Hi, this question goes out to those in this forum who reside in Canada and have bought ram for their Mac minis online. I am looking for a reputable dealer within Canada, for ease of shipping. I'm looking to upgrade my 256mb ram to 1gig as it would be the most bang for the buck. I have read that many people have had problems with the ram they bought and installed in their Macs because the minis are very selective on the quality of the sticks.

I would rather not have to order any from the US companies who ship to Canada not only because of shipping but because of the exchange rate and I'd rather support the Canadian economy even if the company is american, no offence.

Query: (a) Name and Website
(b) Brand and Model

Thanks for any help rendered.

Mac Mini, Mac OS X (10.3.9), 1.42 GHz PowerPc G4 256 MB DDR SDRAM 80GB Ultra ATA Hard Drive

Posted on Mar 4, 2006 11:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2006 5:54 AM

If you go to the Kingston web site at www.kingston.com, and in the upper right hand corner click on 'choose your country', on the main menu they give you an option to list Canadian retailers as well as Canadian online web sites. The direct link is http://www.kingston.com/canada/

Kingston, along with Crucial, are two manufacturers, who seem to consistently produce memory that works in our macs. Of course, you would use their recommended RAM strip for your mini (not Kingston's value line) - using Kingston's memory finder, that would be, for the G4 mini, part number KTA-G4333/1G.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2006 5:54 AM in response to alpaca saliva

If you go to the Kingston web site at www.kingston.com, and in the upper right hand corner click on 'choose your country', on the main menu they give you an option to list Canadian retailers as well as Canadian online web sites. The direct link is http://www.kingston.com/canada/

Kingston, along with Crucial, are two manufacturers, who seem to consistently produce memory that works in our macs. Of course, you would use their recommended RAM strip for your mini (not Kingston's value line) - using Kingston's memory finder, that would be, for the G4 mini, part number KTA-G4333/1G.

Expanding Mac mini ram in Canada

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.