Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copy photos from iphone to sd card?

I'm looking for a way to offload photos and video that I take from my iPhone 4S onto an SD card.

I'll be traveling overseas without a computer for a few weeks, with an iPhone 4S. I probably won't have wifi very often and when I do I expect connection speeds will be very slow, so it's really not practical at all to upload lots of large photos and video to any internet-based storage. What I need is a way to transfer all the photos & videos I've shot during each day to an SD card. I have a 500 GB "photo storage device" that accepts SD cards and will be bringing this along. This has proved a great system for offloading lots of photos and large videos on previous trips - at the end of every day, before turning in, I remove the SD cards from still cameras and video cameras, copy the cards' contents to that 1/2 TB storage device, reformat the cards, and pop them back in the camera fresh and ready for the next day's shooting.

Now that I'll be taking along my iPhone, I want to be able to offload photos/videos from that, too, to the same storage device.

I have the "iPad camera connection kit" but IIRC, that's a one-way trip, the other way (copy stuff off a card and onto the iPad - don't know if it even does that with an iPhone, and in any case I need to move files in the opposite direction).

How can this be done?

Thanks.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 11:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 12:12 AM

You can't. Even if you could connect the phone to an SD card, there is no software on the phone that can send the photo's there.

1 reply

Copy photos from iphone to sd card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.