Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP Title Safe concern when importing iPhoto slideshow in FCP

I quickly put together a slideshow in iphoto for a funeral. Afterwards, I brought the slideshow into fcp so that I could have a little more control over the audio as well as to have the ability to apply some other effects before exporting and burning DVDs for the family. The pictures, (some of which are text cards i quickly made to incorporate text into the iphoto slideshow) all have movement on them which was generated in iphoto. Watching my project in the timeline, I see a good portion of the content is out of the title safe.

When I export and burn a DVD will these items not be in the picture? How does iphoto handle this if I were to simply export from iphoto for DVD?

I considered scaling everything down, but won't that result in a black frame around my entire slideshow?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! In addition, I haven't worked with FCP in a few years and the new FCP X alone has thrown me for a loop 😉

THANK YOU!!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), Final Cut Pro X / iPhoto

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 1:14 AM

1 reply

Apr 25, 2012 2:39 AM in response to fcpgrl

>When I export and burn a DVD will these items not be in the picture?

No.

>How does iphoto handle this if I were to simply export from iphoto for DVD?

It doesn't. There are no special settings that adjust your picture to fit safe area when exporting for DVD.

>I considered scaling everything down, but won't that result in a black frame around my entire slideshow?

To some extent, yes. Safe Area is a Guide, different TVs will show differing amounts outside the area. Try layering a decorative frame on top.

FCP Title Safe concern when importing iPhoto slideshow in FCP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.