Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question Mark in Flashing Folder at start up problem.

After trying to fix the flashing question mark folder problem, I took my iMac to the Apple store and, naturally and a little embarrassingly, the iMac booted up just fine and everything seem to be intact.However, when I brought it home it reverted but to same problem i.e. question mark in flashing folder. I read and tried most suggestions I could find but still cannot get the iMac to startup. I tried holding down the "C" key, then the Option key, then PRAMed it and even attached the separate back up disk I use as a Time Machine for my new iMac. IThe problem Mac is a 2008 iMac though I don't exactly know which OS came with it, in any case, I cannot find the original disk. The iMac is networked with my latest iMac. Can anyone help? Thank you.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 12:54 AM

9 replies

Apr 25, 2012 1:39 AM in response to BDAqua

Thanks for being so prompt BDAqua. Yes you are right it is bizarre. And I am using wireless

KB. Does that make a difference? I would not have thought so ask used the same KB at the Apple store and the iMac worked fine though not at at home. And I don't know what UPC means. Can you clarify? I live in Canberra in Australia.

Question Mark in Flashing Folder at start up problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.