Are you shooting the videos vertical (tall)?
iMovie edits video for TVs, so can only handle videos that are wide, and can only export wide.
This is a limitation that is not specifically said in the literature as far as I can tell.
If you bought the app recently, you can ask for a refund:
- First, open iTunes and select the iTunes Store link in the left-hand column
- Near the top right corner, click the arrow next to your user name (email address) and then selectAccount
- About half way down the screen, click the Purchase History button
- In the bottom portion of the screen, you will see your App Store purchase history -- click the Report a Problem button
- Locate the iTunes invoice with the application you would like a refund for, and click the Report a Problem link
- Fill out the form that follows and be sure to be as detailed as possible -- when finished, click Next
If your reason for requesting a refund is valid, Apple should respond within a few days and process your refund within a week.
Ok, thank you for letting me know. I'll have to find a way to be able to shoot more videos horizontally. The ones I have done so far are verticle. I'm doing videos of my workouts so I have it propped up. I'll have to find a location to get it set up where I fit in the screen horizontal. I'll try that first.