Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Videos cropped on the new iPad

On the new iPad when I add video it keeps cropping the top and bottom off. Because of this from the shoulders up on most of my videos are cut off as well as about the shin level. Is there a way to fix this? If not this is a major blow to how I felt about paying for this app. Reading about it was about everything I wanted in an app, but how can I make movies and such with no heads?

iPad, iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 12:54 AM

5 replies

Apr 25, 2012 2:24 AM in response to tmntguy

Are you shooting the videos vertical (tall)?

iMovie edits video for TVs, so can only handle videos that are wide, and can only export wide.

This is a limitation that is not specifically said in the literature as far as I can tell.

If you bought the app recently, you can ask for a refund:

• First, open iTunes and select the iTunes Store link in the left-hand column
  • Near the top right corner, click the arrow next to your user name (email address) and then selectAccount

User uploaded file

About half way down the screen, click the Purchase History button

User uploaded file

In the bottom portion of the screen, you will see your App Store purchase history -- click the Report a Problem button

User uploaded file

Locate the iTunes invoice with the application you would like a refund for, and click the Report a Problem link

User uploaded file

Fill out the form that follows and be sure to be as detailed as possible -- when finished, click Next

User uploaded file

If your reason for requesting a refund is valid, Apple should respond within a few days and process your refund within a week.

Videos cropped on the new iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.