Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing local Calendar on iPhone and Mac through iTunes broken

This used to work and is broken since a few days:

• I have a calendar "local on my mac" (amongst others) which I use in iCal.app.
  • I have a local calendar (amongst otheres) on my iPhone
  • I selectively sync iPhone and Mac calendar through iTunes.

Seemed to work in both directions. Stopped working a few days ago. The only thing I changed was I renamed the iPhone. And maybe the latest patches on OS X. I Lion and iOS latest versions.

Now I tried everything including deleting and recreating calendars on both devices. No chance to get them synced. A calendar I create in iCal will never show up in the Calendar list in iTunes (Info tab for the iPhone) to be checked. A caledar I create on the iPhone will show up in this list and can be checked. (I do not want "All Calendars" to sync through iTunes since they sync through different path.) Still, the entries never show up in iCal, even if I match the names.

Any ideas how to successfully connect the two local calendars? I require this setup since I depend on local calendars working offline a lot. I do not use iCloud (everything is switched off).

BTW, would it be possible to have multiple calendars on both devices (say for different purposes like private/business) - if it works at all?

Pete

(Note: It was not easy to find out how to create a local calendar on the iPhone after deleting the original one. It required all other, non-local calendars to be deactivated to get there. As long as one local calendar exists, I always get the "add calendar" button. But if none exists, I only get this for remote calendars, e.g. Exchange or Google...)

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 5:02 AM

There are no replies.

Syncing local Calendar on iPhone and Mac through iTunes broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.