Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

google related sites not working

macbook pro. running osx lion 10.7.3. google related sites are completely down, but when restarted into guest mode and launched through Safari it works just fine. Also broken in my apple mail account that is linked to Gmail. What gives? All other sites i've tested seem fine and i've tried multiple browsers. Pinging google doesn't send anything back. I'm at a loss. works ok through web proxy. argh. help?!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 7:22 AM

6 replies

Apr 25, 2012 11:07 AM in response to Marko.Biljanic

Hi...

Try using Google's DNS addresses as suggested by Apple here > Safari 5.0.1 or later: Slow or partial webpage loading, or webpage cannot be found

Open System Preferences / Preferences then select the Network tab. Click the Advanced tab then click the DNS tab.

Click +

Enter these addresses exactly as you see them here.

Click +

Then click OK.

Quit then relaunch Safari to test.

Apr 25, 2012 11:11 PM in response to Marko.Biljanic

Check to see if Safari is running in 32 bit mode.

Right or control click the Safari icon in your Applications folder then click Get Info.

If the box next to: Open in 32 bit mode is selected, deselect then quit and relaunch Safari.

If that didn't help, might be Google cookies.

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab.

Click: Remove All Website Data

Quit then relaunch Safari to test.

Feb 9, 2014 10:06 AM in response to Marko.Biljanic

having the same issues but since i am running snow leapord the above fixes are not applicable except the removal of web info which i have done. i have a desk top imac and my son has a mac pro lap top and both are having the same issue. he got around it some what by using opera but tne desktop will not download it and anyways i prefer safari. apple site is ironically another that runs slow and i am using my work dell to access this site since the imac is sooooo slooooow.

google related sites not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.