Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Unique Local Addresses and Routable IPv6 Addresses?

ATT finally offers IPv6 support, but the problem is that it uses 6rd and, as I understand it, that means I don't have static IPv6 addresses. I don't plan on running Internet-aware services over IPv6 very often so that's not a huge deal. However, I do want to use IPv6 for internal services (SSH, CIFS, NFS, DNS, etc.). Most of these are from my Linux file-server. I currently use DNS for these services which means to do so with IPv6, I need a static range.

So, I thought about using Unique Local Addresses (ULAs) which are similar in function to the private addresses on IPv4 (ie 192.168.x.y, 10.x.y.z, etc.). Awesome! Trouble there is that I can't get either my Airpor base station nor my OS X machines to allow for both ULAs and the IPv6 addresses being given to me via ATT. That seems like an annoying gap in IPv6 support so I'm hoping I'm just missing something?

Anyone have any ideas?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 9:31 AM

There are no replies.

Using Unique Local Addresses and Routable IPv6 Addresses?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.