Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Get an error when trying to add iCloud account to System Preferences in 10.7.3

My system:

Macbook Air (late-2010) running OS X Lion 10.7.3

My issue:

I upgraded my MobileMe @mac.com account to iCloud but now am unable to add my account in MobileMe via System Preferences.

I get this error "Unable to sign in because of a problem communicating with iCloud".

Additionally, when I tried adding my @mac.com account into Mail.app on my Macbook Air, the incoming mail server text disappears (and greyed out so I can't type in it), and the Outgoing Mail server (smtp.mail.me.com) says it's offline.

I have searched for days for a solution via Google and Bing and Apple Support Forum but to no avail.

I made sure that my @mac.com account is my Apple ID and default email address. I am able to log in just fine at iCloud.com but not MobileMe within System Preferences. I am also able to sync my @mac.com email, calendar, and contacts on my iPhone 4S just fine. I see that this is an ongoing issue with people upgrading from MobileMe to iCloud but none of the solutions I found have worked for me.

Has anyone found a solution for this error?? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 12:28 PM

1 reply

May 9, 2012 4:00 PM in response to nativelyme

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Air

Model Identifier: MacBookAir1,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 4 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Boot ROM Version: MBA11.00BB.B03

SMC Version (system): 1.23f20

Lion 10.7.3

Having the same issue above. Also, Icloud icon is also greyed out as inactive. Icloud synching fine on my macpro and iphone4. Please help.

Get an error when trying to add iCloud account to System Preferences in 10.7.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.