Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I move the Preview sidebar to the right?

Hi,

How can I move the sidebar in Preview to the right of the content? There seems to be no preference or View option to do this.

Thanks

Elisabeth

Preview-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 1:37 PM

Not possible, I'm afraid.

7 replies

Sep 30, 2013 5:22 PM in response to baltwo

Mark my words- we are unfortunately witnessing the beginning of the end of Apple. They have run out of ideas and their software no longer makes sense. Final Cut Pro X is one of the worst programs ever invented since Windows ME and Preview is another disaster. Their big announcement for the new iPhone?...that's right...a finger print scanner. A finger print scanner...really? Nice work, guys. Sorry to see you go.

Jan 21, 2015 10:20 PM in response to twb716

This response is decidedly late to the party but I couldn't resist!

Apple isn't perfect and this seemingly annoying feature of having the sidebar appear on the left-hand side in Preview is a pain in the arse but I'd say overall that when I've looked at other options on the market, no other company comes close to offering a complete solution to my needs. I'm no Apple apologist but am simply pointing out that the "Apple is doomed" mantra spouted by the same old people is getting tiresome having heard the same thing for the past 6 years. I wholeheartedly agree with letting Apple know when they're crap on these forums and what features they need to create or what existing features they need to improve upon. But using isolated incidents of pockets of fallibility as a clarion call to announce the death of the company is short-sighted and ignorant to what the company is able to consistently get right.

How do I move the Preview sidebar to the right?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.