Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export Failed

I've been working constantly in Motion, but I just got this error and now I cannot export my project and my project file is now unable to be opened. Other project files can be opened and exported, but this fle seems to be somehow corrupted. A generic JPG file at around 3400x2000 pixels was the cause but even so, why would Motion fail during export and subsequently cause the project file to be un-openable?

User uploaded file

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 2:12 PM

3 replies

Aug 14, 2012 4:57 AM in response to Julian Jensen

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem. I managed to export one file, then made some changes (just in typing) in the project and suddenly I could not export anything. I cannot reopen this poject as well.

"Export Failed

The operation could not be completed because the output file could not be finalized error 12142."

Please help.

regards,

May 21, 2013 6:36 PM in response to Julian Jensen

I have encountered this error when copying and pasting names or other text information into a published text entry box and/or a text layer.

The copy and paste can carry over other ASCII characters like carriage returns/new line characters/etc.

This can be reproduced by copying and pasting from other software suites like Office, etc.

Make sure your text in Motion 5 is either hand-typed or copied and pasted from a notepad or TextEdit document.

I would also suspect that the image file may have had an illegal character or some other text that Motion doesn't like--try renaming the image in Finder before opening and creating a Motion project.

If the project is saved with these illegal characters, and Motion is closed, the resulting file will be corrupt and your work will be lost as it can no longer be opened by Motion.

Export Failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.