Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP is exporting black space at the end of sequence

FCPX keeps exporting large amounts of black nothingness at the end of my sequence. There's nothing at the end after the content. Usually it adds about 15-24 minutes of black space. Any clues?

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 3:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 3:47 PM

Have you used PluralEyes with your media?

11 replies

Jul 9, 2014 2:09 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

It's not exclusively an issue with Pluraleyes. I have the same problem - blank uneditable, undeletable timeline at the end of my sequence and without Pluraleyes installed. It may have occurred while updating projects to 10.1.2.

Will know more soon as i will be having to update and open a few more projects that were perfectly trimmed previously in the next few days.

Jul 9, 2014 2:40 AM in response to Steviemac63

Steviemac63 wrote:

It's not exclusively an issue with Pluraleyes. I have the same problem - blank uneditable, undeletable timeline at the end of my sequence and without Pluraleyes installed. It may have occurred while updating projects to 10.1.2.

Will know more soon as i will be having to update and open a few more projects that were perfectly trimmed previously in the next few days.

What do you see at the end of the timeline? A gap? Or what? Can you post a screenshot?

Apr 8, 2015 12:55 PM in response to judesays

The black cannot be deleted from timeline because it cannot be seen until you view exported file. I do not know what PluralEyes is, but this just started recently in my case, which led me here.

The bug is highly annoying and time consumptive as I just began a process of converting an entire library of archived material, to be sectioned off into many. many. segments.

Has it not been solved yet? It's April 2015.

Apr 9, 2015 2:54 AM in response to Huitzilopochtli

Huitzilopochtli wrote:

The black cannot be deleted from timeline because it cannot be seen until you view exported file. I do not know what PluralEyes is, but this just started recently in my case, which led me here.

The bug is highly annoying and time consumptive as I just began a process of converting an entire library of archived material, to be sectioned off into many. many. segments.

Has it not been solved yet? It's April 2015.

I would not assume that this has anything to do with this old thread. Reading back on this, it appears that the problem had to do with a bug in Plural Eyes, which you do not have.

I think you should start a new thread, and explain in detail what your setup is - including versions of OS and FCP X, what type of media and project settings, and post screenshots of your timeline.

FWIW, this thread did not appear to provide any indication of a bug in FCP X.

We need more information, as I requested above, in order to provide useful assistance (and, to be clear, "we" are common users such as yourself, this a user forum).

FCP is exporting black space at the end of sequence

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.