Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to nudge audio file less than 1 tenth a second on time bar

I'm using FCE 4.0.1

I need to either move the video/audio file or the separate audio file brought in from Logic to line up with one another (they are the same audio, just denoised and EQed a bit in Logic. I've zoomed in to line the waveforms up, but they are just slightly off, and when I try to nudge one or the other into sync visually the file I'm moving jumps to the next point on the timebar and is off in the other direction. For example the section I'm trying to nudge jumps from 4:01:14 to 4:01:15, but the wave peak I'm attempting to sync it with is in between those two points, so it jumps past it. This will cause echoing and phasing issues.

Is there a way to drag files in the timeline linearly rather than from arbitrary point to point? I've tried shortening and re-bouncing the audio file, but it lines up the same way.

I'm new to FCE, and I'm trying to edit shots from 2 cameras at a concert along with the mixed audio? I'm trying to line the footage up with the audio by matching the waveforms by eye. What am I missing, is there an easier way to do this?

Thanks

Final Cut Express 4.0.1-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 4:48 PM

1 reply

How to nudge audio file less than 1 tenth a second on time bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.