Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot install HP P2055dn driver for Lion

Latest HP printer updates list the HP P2055dn printer as being supported. When I go to install the driver, I get a message stating "The software for this printer is currently unavailable. Please contact the printer's manufacturer for the latest software". On Apple's support page clearly states that this printer's drivers are included in the Apple Software update; see http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3669#HP.

I am stumped!

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 4:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 5:34 PM

If your Lion installation was an update over Snow Leopard, and the printer driver for this HP was installed, then try removing the contents of the HP folder, located in HD > Library > Printers. With the contents trashed, empty the Trash and restart the Mac. Once you have logged back in, try to add the printer again.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2012 5:34 PM in response to fazmanicg

If your Lion installation was an update over Snow Leopard, and the printer driver for this HP was installed, then try removing the contents of the HP folder, located in HD > Library > Printers. With the contents trashed, empty the Trash and restart the Mac. Once you have logged back in, try to add the printer again.

Dec 20, 2012 12:05 PM in response to kristin1958

HD is an abbreviation for hard drive. Depending on how the Mac is setup, this could be named Mac HD or Macintosh HD or any name a user likes. So I try to avoid giving it a name in case it is called something different. In Windows this would be your C drive. And Library is a folder under C drive. On the Mac, if your hard drive is called Mac HD, then the Library folder resides under here and then the Printers folder resides under Library.

If you don't have your hard drive visible in the sidebar of your Finder view, then you can enable it via Finder > Preferences. Or, with Finder open, you can click on Go in the menubar and then select Go To Folder. If you then type in /Library/Printers and press Go, this will take you to the Printers folder and here you should see a HP folder. If you do, Trash the folder, restart your Mac and see if this helps with getting the driver installed.

Dec 20, 2012 1:35 PM in response to PAHU

Thank you! I actually found it late last night. Tried to trash the HP folder and it wouldn't let me. Message was "HewlittPackardprintersdrivers.pkg" can't be moved to the Trash because it can't be deleted". So - it looks like I'll be making an appointment at the Genius Bar at my local Apple Store. I appreciate your patient and thorough explanation as I transition to this new environment.

Cannot install HP P2055dn driver for Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.