Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the iPod Nano have Gorilla Glass, and is it suitable to be a watch?

Hooray, I just bought an ipod nano. I am waiting for the watch strap to be delivered.

I was wondering how people feel about wearing their ipod nano as a watch?

Look

Feel

Practicality

Durability

I don't care so much about the mp3 player part -> I mainly want to use it coz it would be such a cool watch.

I was also wondering how other people feel about custom watch faces, and what we can do to request apple to release something so we can make custom watch faces! That would be so cool! Yay!

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 6:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 11:40 PM

I thought about getting a watchband, but it seemed like having a headphone cord dangling off my wrist wouldn't be practical, but I mainly use mine as an audio player.

Things to consider are that the Nano has a very small battery. It would go dead in a few hours if it were kept on continuously, so Apple has built it so that it only stays on for a few seconds at a time. There is a trick I read about where you start the stopwatch and switch back to the clock, the display will stay on. You can try that, but I imagine you won't want to stay with it when the battery dies so quickly.

If you go to Settings>General>Date & Time and set Time on Wake to On, the screen will go to the clock when it wakes up. That's probably what you want if you will be using it as a watch, but you will have to push the Sleep/Wake button (top right button) to wake it when you want to see the time.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2012 11:40 PM in response to KeanuReeves

I thought about getting a watchband, but it seemed like having a headphone cord dangling off my wrist wouldn't be practical, but I mainly use mine as an audio player.

Things to consider are that the Nano has a very small battery. It would go dead in a few hours if it were kept on continuously, so Apple has built it so that it only stays on for a few seconds at a time. There is a trick I read about where you start the stopwatch and switch back to the clock, the display will stay on. You can try that, but I imagine you won't want to stay with it when the battery dies so quickly.

If you go to Settings>General>Date & Time and set Time on Wake to On, the screen will go to the clock when it wakes up. That's probably what you want if you will be using it as a watch, but you will have to push the Sleep/Wake button (top right button) to wake it when you want to see the time.

Apr 26, 2012 6:43 PM in response to Michael Gianino

I'm just going to use the Sleep/Wake button - I don't mind if it is off the rest of the time, and I switch it on only when I need to see the time. I heard if you do that then then battery lasts almost 6 days. I don't mind charging it every other day ---> I normally don't wear a watch anyway as I use my phone for the time. This would mainly be coz its cool, and I can fiddle with it when I get bored.

Does the iPod Nano have Gorilla Glass, and is it suitable to be a watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.