Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Warning: SUID file “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent” has been modified and will not be repaired.

help with this

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), 13 inch macbook pro- 2009

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 10:54 PM

4 replies

Jan 14, 2014 2:23 PM in response to noondaywitch

Even if you uncheck the box, the repair is not successful because you get:

Warning: SUID file “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAg ent” has been modified and will not be repaired.

Now, I don't know about you, but I find this might mean the repair was unsuccessful and because it's unsuccessul you need to figure out why and/or where the error originates. So...on that happy note..

This error happened after I updated to the latest RDA from Apple. To track it down I did the following:

1. Clean install of OS X 10.9.1
  2. Run "Repair Disk Permissions" - Nothing found
  3. Update iTunes to latest (and theoretically greatest)
  4. Run "Repair Disk Permissions" - Nothing found
  5. Update iBooks (another great piece of work)
  6. Run "Repair Disk Permissions" - Nothing found
  7. Update Remote Desktop Admin.
  8. Run "Repair Disk Permissions" - Warning: SUID file “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAg ent” has been modified and will not be repaired.
  9. Run Repair Disk Permissions - Same results
  10. Go to System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement
  11. Rename "RemoteManagement" "RemoteManagement-Bak"
  12. Run "Repair Disk Permissions" - Nothing found. I rebooted after renaming the directory and the system runs normally.

Now, I don't want to jump to conclusions here, but I somehow think the problem is in the RDA upgrade. I never had that error message before (starting with 10.7) and I didn't have it before the upgrade, but I definitely had it after the upgrade.

Oh, as a side note: Before I renamed that directory and made the error message go away, I booted into single user mode and ran Disk Utility and had the exact same error message. I then booted from a USB install drive and ran Disk Utility once again, same results.

I may not be Einstein, but I know that 2+2=3.9999999 more or less...and this is a RDA update = error message.

Warning: SUID file “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent” has been modified and will not be repaired.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.