Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I view .pub files?

How can I view .pub files on my mac?

I Mac, Mac OS X (10.6.1), Using Airport extreme

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 2:23 AM

20 replies

Jun 7, 2017 6:16 PM in response to Suk9

zamzar.com did nothing to my .pub files. It claimed it processed them and said it would email a link to where they were but that never came.

Suk9's link worked perfectly. You drag and drop the files and watch it process, then it pops up a download dialog and you get them immediately. No email address needed.

I would have liked a beautiful .docx I could edit but recreating via copy/pasting is cool, too.

I have an ad for a rental property that I only need every few years (and works like a charm), and my copy of publisher is long gone. Now I can recreate the ad on my Mac.

Thanks, Suk9

Apr 26, 2012 2:35 AM in response to Redwing227

.PUB is an old Microsoft proprietary format.

A Google search gives varying answers. Many say is is not possible and others say there are online resources that may convert a .PUB to a PDF.

This one seems to be the most popular. I have not tried it and have no idea if it works.

I still run MS Publisher under Parallels Desktop on one on my iMacs.

Feb 6, 2015 8:17 AM in response to Redwing227

I had a Publisher file that I needed and the Zamzar link worked perfectly!! Thanks Shamus71!! I converted the pub file to PDF without issue. I also printed it out and it printed beautifully as if I had done it all myself. Awesome!! 🙂

http://www.zamzar.com

I decided to go and convert it to Word. What it seems to do is convert the file to a JPG and place it in Word. Mine was un-editable but at least I could see it and use it. You have to open the document and not use Quick Look in Finder to see the final project.

If I had wanted to make changes, I would have been out of luck. FYI- I do keep an old PC around just for this reason. Today I didn't have that PC available.

Nov 8, 2016 10:19 PM in response to Redwing227

Open the .pub file in LibreOffice. This primitive program will shift some text and photos, but not too badly. Then scroll down to Export. You can export it as a PDF, a GIF, a JPG, an EPS, and many, many more formats. It is not perfect, but in general, it gets the job done and you don't have to worry about online websites and whatever malware they might hide.

How can I view .pub files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.