Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email cannot send mail

Hi,

I am unable to send e-mails from my iPhone to some of the e-mail IDs (although I can send from my PC).The message I get is, " Cannot Send Mail. A copy has been placed in your outbox. The receipient"xxxxxx" was rejected by the server because it does not allow relaying"

iPhone 4S

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 2:52 AM

5 replies

Apr 16, 2013 3:45 AM in response to Vatu

I have recently had this problem, deleted account and added them back in, could recieve emails but not send.

Following the advise from wjosten above I went to the account under settings, tapped on the email account for mail, at the bottom of the next window SMTP for the outgoing server I had 'Other SMTP Servers' where I changed the port numbers to those that were recommend by my mail provider.

My mail has recently been change (BT) to an Outlook account, the BT site gave very clear information for the teehnical 'stuff' required, even a iPhone setting page, very helpful.

What provider are you using? Have you checked their site for any specific guides for setting up email?

I did find that deleting accounts off my iPhone didn't actuall delete them, which retained conflicting information.

I even 'turned it off and back on again' LOL

Message was edited by: time18 JUST NOTICED THE DATE ON THE ORIGINAL POST, D'OH!!!! Might help someone looking for advice....

Sep 29, 2013 12:47 PM in response to time18

Similar problem here, but can send and receive via all of my accounts EXCEPT the one I have with webhostinghub. My phone keeps resetting the Server Port to 25 (my provider says to use 993). I cannot change it back to this setting (I just get the forever-spinning "Verifying" - never resolves, have to manually quit completely out of Settings). Go back - it is back at port 25.

I can delete my account completely, then set it back up fresh - and it works (both sending and receiving) until the next day. Then back to only receiving mail. Cannot send (says password is incorrect) - but it is the same password as for receiving email - and that works fine.

email cannot send mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.