Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hmm, I was deleting some files last night and when I came to booting up this morning my Macbookpro (5 years old) i was greeted with a user login screen? put in my password, but all i get is the space screen and no further action...? cant get apps o my bar

mm, I was deleting some files last night and when I came to booting up this morning my Macbookpro (5 years old) i was greeted with a user login screen? put in my password, but all i get is the space screen and no further action...? cant get apps o my bar

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 3:59 AM

1 reply

Apr 26, 2012 5:14 AM in response to gazkil

Sounds like you may have deleted something you shouldn't have. Boot to an OS X DVD or a bootable backup, and using Disk Utility, do a repair disk, and while there repair permissions. Disconnect any peripherals, and reboot. If you get the same startup behavior, do a safe boot, by holding the shift key down when booting. If that works, try a normal boot. If neither step helps, you may need to relaod your operating system.

Hmm, I was deleting some files last night and when I came to booting up this morning my Macbookpro (5 years old) i was greeted with a user login screen? put in my password, but all i get is the space screen and no further action...? cant get apps o my bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.