Skip navigation

High Disk Rates on Lacie Little Big Disk

481 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 26, 2012 4:07 AM by macwinguy RSS Branched from an earlier discussion. Branched to a new discussion.
macwinguy Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Apr 26, 2012 4:07 AM

Along these same lines, I recently bought the Lacie Little Big Disk ( http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?id=10549 ) for $428 plus tax.  It's got 2 500gig ESata 5400RPM drives stripped and amazingly, it gives me almost 200MB/s reads and writes!  Wow, that is impressive.  I an run VM's on it.  I am having an issue that I was wonderig if it is a setting, something broken, or "just get use to it".

I've found that while I have high disk rates (while doing a backup or big copy), that the screen performance gets really sluggish and the mouse pointer is hard to keep track of (it lags). I know the thunderbolt bus has a lot more capacity thatn 200MB/sec, but I'm wondering if the priorities don't work so well for the video on the same thunderbolt channel.

I do have the thunderbolt port going to my apple thunderbolt montor, then to the little big disk, then to a small hdmi monitor through a display port to HDMI adapter.

Thoughts?

<Edited by Host>

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.