Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipod classic 160 GB has begun to randomly skip songs after they begin playing. All music is in the ACC format.

My ipod classic 160 GB has begun to randomly skip songs after they begin playing. All songs are in the Apple format.

iPod classic

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 5:38 AM

9 replies

May 4, 2012 7:15 PM in response to dean215

I am having the same problem but I cannot get my tv shows, movies, or audiobooks to play. I have updated my Itunes and even have the most recent update on my Ipod. When I want to listen to watch the tv show it acts like it is going to play then it kicks me back to the menu listing the other tv shows for what ever season. I also have checked all the songs on my Itunes to make sure they work and they work just fine on I tunes but will skip on my Ipod.

May 5, 2012 6:58 PM in response to dean215

Thanks for the info, I see that all software are uptodate.

Try the Hard reset on the iPod

1. After charging till full charge, at least 2 hours (preferably 4 hours)
  2. Toggle the Hold switch, make sure you dont see the red mark when you do the next step
  3. Reset the iPod -> Press Menu and Center button simultaneously for about 10 secs or till the Apple Logo comes ON
  4. Then release the buttons
  5. Select your preferred language.

Here is the Apple support Article on the 5Rs

http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/five_rs/classic/

If this doesn't help, try a Restore/Update the iPod software.

if your music is MP3, then google "MP3 validator", download and then run it, this will fix the ID3 tag coruuption, which causes the song skipping.

Good Luck!

May 15, 2012 6:46 AM in response to Bilbo_cheshire

Well, I decided to Restore my ipod to try and correct the problem. It removed the 15000 songs I had on the device. Now, I cannot sync without constant error messages and iTunes freezing. I've spent hours trying to reload the songs. My best success was getting about 4000 songs on it after about 3 hours of babysitting before the program freezes to where I have to re-boot and I lose everything that was accomplished. I don't think the problem is with iTunes or my computer. It feels like the ipod is causing the problems. Any ideas?

May 15, 2012 6:13 PM in response to dean215

Most sync failures like yours are cause by bad Hardisk clusters.

Do the iPod Diskdiagnostic, refer to this excellent post by tt2.

It wont fix your problem, but help you decide, if you need to replace the hardisk, or get some 3rd party HDD tools that can marked the bad clusters. and prevent them from being used by iTunes and freezing the whole PC.

Have a nice day!

My ipod classic 160 GB has begun to randomly skip songs after they begin playing. All music is in the ACC format.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.