Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FED-UP of iCloud Mail

Every f***ing time I change my Apple ID password (as suggested by Apple) iCloud Mail keeps on asking my password for 15 / 20 fu****ing days.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 2.8 GHz Intel Core i5 - 16GB Ram

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 4:59 AM

7 replies

Apr 26, 2012 10:54 AM in response to leomore™

If the issue involves Mail on Lion (or Snow Leopard) this will fix it.

Special thanks to Roger Wilmut for providing the detailed instructions below.

https://discussions.apple.com/profile/Roger%20Wilmut1

1. Shut down Mail. Next, deselect "iCloud Mail" in the iCloud preferences pane in System Preferences FIRST. If not, it will automatically pre-populate the wrong p9X.mail.me.com server names again overwriting all your work.

2. Now restart Mail and go to preferences. If "iCloud" mail is still showing, select it and click on the "-" at the bottom to remove it.

3. Now follow the instructions here:http://www.wilmut.webspace.virginmedia.com/notes/icloudmail.html (disregard that this is for Snow Leopard, it DOES work on Lion) paying attention to the use of the "option" key when needed to avoid Mail automatically "creating" the account and closing out the preferences window.

4. Ensure the correct server names of "imap.mail.me.com and smtp.mail.me.com" are still there and close Mail preferences and now select "get mail". It may prompt one last time for your iCloud password, enter it and you are done.

Good Luck.

Apr 26, 2012 11:16 AM in response to leomore™

If your password does not meet these requirements change it so that it does:

Minimum of 8 characters, including at least 1 uppercase letter, 1 lowercase letter and 1 number, no special characters.

Verify that you are using the correct server credentials:

IMAP (Incoming Mail Server) information:

• Server name: imap.mail.me.com
  • SSL Required: Yes
  • Port: 993
  • Username: example@me.com (use your @me.com address from your iCloud account)
  • Password: Your iCloud password

SMTP (outgoing mail server) information:

• Server name: smtp.mail.me.com
  • SSL Required: Yes
  • Port: 587
  • SMTP Authentication Required: Yes
  • Username: example@me.com (use your @me.com address from your iCloud account)
  • Password: Your iCloud password

Note: If you receive errors using SSL, try using TLS instead.

Additional Information

SSL is required for both IMAP and SMTP connection with iCloud. POP is not supported by iCloud.

FED-UP of iCloud Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.