Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

27" iMac not sharing External Drive with Macbook Air

I am currently running a 27" iMac with OS X 10.7.3. I have to extenal drives hooked up to it via USB. A western digital my passport 1 tb drive that is formatted and used for Time Machine. As well as an older western digital 1 tb drive (not sure the model, its slightly larger than the my passport and black). The older WD drive has pictures and music stored on it. This drive is formated MS-DOS (FAT32). My issue is that I also have a 13" MacBook Air, also running 10.7.3, does not see the old WD drive. Within Finder I can connect to the shared iMac and login as my user name, when doing so i can see the iMac HD as well as the WD My Passport setup for Time Machine. Problem is I can not see the other WD drive. When I got to system preferences --> sharing --> file sharing, I have the older WD drive shared with Everyone, and other options for sharing that drive I have both check boxes checked (Share files and folders using AFP & Share files and folders using SMB)

If anyone can shed some light it on this situation it would be appreciate as it is not making much sense to me.

Ian

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3), MacBook Air 13" i7, 10.7.3

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 5:53 AM

1 reply

27" iMac not sharing External Drive with Macbook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.