Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad - excel viewer problem

Hi

I have a serious problem with my iPad. I'm going to the Olympics in London and I receive a lot of excel documents in email and I use the excel viewer to go through time results etc. Here is the problem: On a PC using latest version of MS Excel we use custom format for time results in swimming. There we use the format hh:mm:ss,00 which return normal times in swimming like 24,79 or 1:01,97 - we use , (comma) as a decimal seperator. On my iPad these times comes in excel viewer as 24.00 and 1:01.00.

I don't have to explain further, this is absolutely a turnoff. I can't use my iPod on the OL with this "error" so I', trying to push forward an enhancement request.

Thanks,

Ragnar +354 896 0609

iPad 2, iOS 5.1, 9B176

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 6:56 AM

2 replies

Apr 26, 2012 7:19 AM in response to RaggiMarteins

If you wish to report this issue to Apple, use their feedback page:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

It's unlikely that anyone at Apple in a position to do anything about such an error will see your post here. Do not expect this to be corrected quickly, if at all.

For now, you may want to try one of the third-party apps that support Excel documents. Apple makes an iOS versions of Numbers which can import Excel documents. There are also 3rd party combined suites that cost less than the separate Apple apps. Ones often recommended include Documents 2 Go, Quickoffice and Office2 HD. Whether any of them can handle custom time formats I don't know, but you could ask the developer.

Regards.

P.S. It's usually not a good idea to post your phone number in an open forum. The only calls you'll get when you do so are from scammers and telemarketers.

iPad - excel viewer problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.