Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWeb and FTP

Hi

Because Mobileme is coming to an end I am trying to upload my website files via FTP. I have been told

by my new hosting company (web hosting uk) that iWeb has a built in FTP program and they have given me the link

to the panel:

http://km.support.apple.com/library/APPLE/APPLECARE_ALLGEOS/HT4686/HT4686_02-mob ileme-iweb_ftp-001-e.png

However, when I am in iWeb presumably because my mobileme account it still active?, I am not given any options

to Publish to anything other than a Folder or to Mobileme.

How do I ge to this panel? !! I have spent 2 days now trying to upload my website and have tried cyberduck but really not

sure whether that has worked. I have one **** of a headache!

I have iWeb 08 version 2.0.4 (830A43) and it says the software is up to date.

Please help

Sophie

iWeb '08

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 7:17 AM

6 replies

Apr 26, 2012 7:39 AM in response to Sophie59

Your version of iWeb can only publish to MobileMe or a folder.

iWeb 3 has ftp built-in.

You have to use CyberDuck or a similar application to put the files on the server.

Once the files are on the server, type your domainname in the address field of the browser. Hardly magical.

And browse this forum to find out how to get a copy of iWeb 3. It's discussed daily.

Apr 26, 2012 2:22 PM in response to Old Toad

Thanks again OT - I love this site - I can find Domain but not Domain.sites. If I click on Domain it opens up iWeb & all my published pages are there. What a learning curve this is!

After enquiring about getting hold of iLife'11 to get iWeb 3 from my local Apple store, so that I can get it quickly, they have told me that I have to update to Snow Leopard (ordered & arriving tomorrow morning) before I can download iLife'11 online as it won't work with my current operating system! (OSX 10.5.8).

I will get there hopefully tomorrow and at least I will have updated this machine & will probably use it more.

If it turns out that after all that I have to build the sites again, then it will have to be. The one I have just done

won't take long now that I have worked out what I am doing & my older site needs re-designing & updating as it

is 4 yrs old.

Sophie

iWeb and FTP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.