Skip navigation

missing proxy

4879 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 9, 2013 7:14 AM by kristen.hulsey RSS
Sara Yaya Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Apr 26, 2012 7:52 AM

I captured a video project using Final Cut X, the clips say missing proxy.  I checked and the media is in my hard drive.  What do I need to do?

Thank you,

Sara

• Luis Sequeira1 Level 5 Level 5 (4,790 points)
    Apr 26, 2012 8:43 AM (in response to Sara Yaya)

Control-click on the affected clips, select "Transcode Media..." and tick the proxy media box.

• KidVid Calculating status...
    Mar 23, 2013 6:39 PM (in response to Luis Sequeira1)

Thank you Luis.  Same case as Sara but for me i was able to transcode about two hours of captured footage in less than 20 minutes.  Just wish i understood why despite checking the proxy box in the prefrences, only some tapes do it automaticcly and others I have to follow this extra step.  I guess thats FCPX

• kristen.hulsey Calculating status...
    Dec 9, 2013 7:14 AM (in response to Sara Yaya)

Just went through this problem and hit myself on the head when I realized. For anyone else, if you don't want to create proxy media or it's taking too long to transcode, if you go under FCPX Preferences switch from 'Use Proxy Media' to 'Use Original or Optimized Media' you should be able to work from your original footage.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.