Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a windows 7 system image and bootcamp will not read it at all. Does anyone have a work around for this?

After changing the bootcamp partition size in bootcamp utility. I tried to restore the system image from my windows system image that I had backed up earlier and now bootcamp will not read any of the files.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 8:58 AM

1 reply

Apr 26, 2012 5:19 PM in response to grady719

Bootcamp made the partition and provided the drivers, that is all, it doesn't 'run' anything

Here are instructions from Microsoft on using the Windows System Image:

To restore using a Windows installation disc

Use this method if your computer came with a Windows installation disc.

1. Insert the installation disc, and then restart your computer by clicking the Start button User uploaded file, clicking the arrow next to the Lock button User uploaded file, and then clicking Restart.If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, see Start Windows from a CD or DVD for instructions about how to do this.
  2. Press any key when prompted to do so.
  3. Choose your language settings, and then click Next.
  4. Click Repair your computer.
  5. Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
    User uploaded file

Note

If you are restoring a 64-bit system using a 32-bit Complete PC backup or a 32-bit system using a 64-bit Complete PC backup and have more than one operating system installed, you should not select an operating system. If an operating system is selected by default, clear the selection by clicking a blank area of the window, and then click Next.

6. On the System Recovery Options menu, click Windows Complete PC Restore, and then follow the instructions.
    User uploaded file

Note

Insert the last CD or DVD of the backup set when prompted to do so.

I have a windows 7 system image and bootcamp will not read it at all. Does anyone have a work around for this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.