Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing into AW Draw

I have a jpg which if I open in Preview is displayed "normally", that is I can see the entire jpg. When I insert it into AW Draw the jpg is so large I can only see a very small portion of it. I must be doing something wrong, but I have no idea what. Does anyone have any tips on how I can insert the jpg and see it in its entirety?

Thanks

Dave

iMac Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 9:27 AM

AW imports JPEGs at 72ppi which explains your problem.

The best thing to do is to convert /import it as a TIFF file of the right dimensions and printing resolution. It wil then appear in AW exactly as you want it.

EDIT: I meant to add that you can reduce the JPEG's size by means of Arrange > Scale by percent, but it is better to use the TIFF approach as in my experience JPEGs in AW create very large files.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2012 9:27 AM in response to David Schlachter1

AW imports JPEGs at 72ppi which explains your problem.

The best thing to do is to convert /import it as a TIFF file of the right dimensions and printing resolution. It wil then appear in AW exactly as you want it.

EDIT: I meant to add that you can reduce the JPEG's size by means of Arrange > Scale by percent, but it is better to use the TIFF approach as in my experience JPEGs in AW create very large files.

Importing into AW Draw

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.