Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't send mail, can receive

Hope this is the correct forum for a mail question. I am running a Powerbook with OS 10.5.8 with mail 3.6. For no obvious reason, mail quit sending messages. It receives but does not send. I have reinstalled mail from the installation disc but it didn't resolve the problem. I doubt it was a factor but when the send function quit I was on a very slow dial-up connection. During this time when I was lucky enough to get connected, the connection would drop after a minute or two or it might last for several minutes. This happened repeatedly while I was trying to download received mail and a program.

Thank you for any suggestions you may have.

Ted Stampfer

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 11:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 2:29 PM

Hi Ted, you did fine, here is OK! 🙂

Who is your Mail provider, the part after the @ sign?

5 replies

Apr 26, 2012 9:44 PM in response to BDAqua

Finally everything seems to be working. The set up procedure did not work because there was some misinformation already in the outgoing server. I deleted all accounts and tried again, and again previous bad information was automatically filled in. Deleted the account again, rebooted the Powerbook, and now everything works fine.

I don't seem to find anything to check to say that you were successful but you were.

Thanks you very much for your help.

Ted

Can't send mail, can receive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.