Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help connecting 2 towers to 2 Cinema displays

Help needed, I am rebuilding my workstation and have purchased 2, 27" Cinemas to connect through switch box to 2 mac pros. I currently have it working through a belkin VGA switch and my old monitors but I want to make use of the new higher res monitors.The switch I am looking at is the CS1642 USB 2.0 DVI Dual View KVMP by Aten. I know I will need adaptors but am a bit confused as to which ones. I also believe I will need to get new DVI cables to get full resolution? The two towers are also a question as one is new series 5 with mini display ports and the old one series 1 has upgraded video cards with DVI...

Any advice greatly appreciated...

D

Mac Book Pro

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 2:29 PM

10 replies

Apr 26, 2012 7:49 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

What connectors are on your proposed switch?

Googled his switch and found this page. It had this picture of the connections in the back:

User uploaded file

So it looks like a bunch of dual link dvi's, usb's, and 3.5 mm audio jacks.

But to connect the mini-displayport versions of the 27" display to this would require the Atlona converter.

Atlona (Dual Link) DVI to Mini DisplayPort Converter

And as you say, NOT CHEAP.

Need help connecting 2 towers to 2 Cinema displays

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.