Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Express in hotels?

It used to be that my airport express had no problems connecting to hotel ethernet systems. 90% of the time, it connected and let me set up a local network. For the past 4 months, 0% of the time it has allowed that (maybe 8 different hotels). Has something happened or evolved in the ethernet at hotel worlds to block devices like the Airport Express?

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 9:58 PM

1 reply

Apr 26, 2012 10:17 PM in response to Lawrence Lessig

Hotels, especially the major players, have become a lot smarter about routers connecting to their networks....as have colleges.

It used to be that all you had to do was configure the Express to provide a wireless network, configure it in Bridge Mode, open your browser to agree to the hotel terms, and connect as many wireless devices as you wanted.

The hotel router would supply as many IP addresses as you needed for your devices.

A significant number of hotels are now allowing only one device to connect. So, if your AirPort Express is configured in Bridge Mode, as I suspect, you can connect one device but will run into difficulty if you try to connect more than one.

Does this sound like something that you are running into?

If not, we need some specifics about what is happening when you say that your connection is not allowed.

Airport Express in hotels?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.