Skip navigation

MacBook Pro Projector detecting has got very poor

327 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 27, 2012 1:27 AM by Franc_Iphone RSS
Franc_Iphone Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Apr 27, 2012 1:27 AM

I travel the globe and have done for many years doing presentations on projectors whereever I need to. Always, plugging my MAC into ANY projector I come across for my presentation would result in an instant "hey presto" - it works always, first time and every time and at a decent resolution too when applicable.

However, for the last 4 months or so (since the last update LION I think), I have noticed, plugging in a projector results in a hit or miss experience. In the just the last 10 days, I have only got the project to work first time 3 out of 10 times! In fact, on 4 occasions only a reboot of the MAC would result in the projector being detected allowing the correct resolution. On both a HP and Epsom (pretty standard and always work), the last flaw was, it would not let me chance the resolution beyoind 800x600. I looked up each projector on line and it was obvious they could both go much higher. After a reboot of the MAC (ouch, sounds like Microsoft), the projector allowed to me correct set the even as high as 1440... as per the projector spec.

So, what gives, I did some research and see others with similar problems. Bear in mind you sometimes get a few minutes when you walk into a meeting / conference room to setup and present. This does not BODE well and a lot of people laugh at the "flawless" MAC now acting like a PC. Very embaressing!!!

My MACBOOK Pro is just under one year old and I use the Thunderbolt->VGA adapter with nothing else in it. I know it's not the cable because after the reboot, it just works!!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.4), Iphone 2.1 Update

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.