Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

From 4:3 Letterbox to 16:9?

Hello,

last year i filmed with a Sony DCR-HC1000 in 16:9 DV-Pal and cut this film in iMovie HD. I made a mistake and thought that iMovie automatically do the right for me. So after import iMovie HD renderd all the clips and after the rendering, i cut the film. I burn it with iDVD and wondered at the end, that the film on tv and Apple DVD-Player was with letterbox. On tv it was right, because it was an 4:3 tv, but on my Mac? So today i found my error, i had to switch a new film manually to a DV widescreen format, to get right 16:9 format.
Can i do anything to rescue my finished film, convert him to realy 16:9 in iMovie HD 6 to get an 16:9 DVD? If i export this film to iDVD 6, i get a letter and pillarbox effekt. 😟 Or must i begin at the beginning?

Greetings, Lars

Posted on Mar 5, 2006 12:15 PM

3 replies

From 4:3 Letterbox to 16:9?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.