Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Broken hard drive still in warrenty, service center want to charge $179 for replacement

The ipod classic 160GB itself is fine no scratches, cracks, dents, heat damage or water damage but after putting about 30 gigs of music on the device it doesnt want to sync with itunes nor does it show any avaible music on the ipod itself, the service center said this was most likely a problem with the hard drive and that i would need to be swapped with a replacement.

The strange thing is i thought this would be covered by my original warrenty, which according the the apple support site is still active, but they wanted to charge me money for this and even adviced me to buy a new hard drive and install it myself.

Should this replacement be free of charge or are they right to want to charge me for this repair?

iPod classic 160GB (Late 2009), Windows 7

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 1:35 AM

1 reply

Apr 27, 2012 2:01 PM in response to jaap424

Have you discussed this with the Apple Service Centre?

On the face of it, from what you say, I would expect the hard drive to be covered by warranty. But since your arguement is with the Service Centre, then the best people to ask "why am I expected to pay for this, why isn't it covered by the warranty, which is still running?" is the Service Centre.

Simply going back to them and saying "everyone on the forum agrees with me" isn't going to work, I can assure you.

Broken hard drive still in warrenty, service center want to charge $179 for replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.